Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Stopping to Smell the Roses




Today was a pretty relaxing day, culminating in a stroll through the botanic gardens. I figured I'd better get a whiff of the roses since I'm about to enter the land without smells. Well, I should say the land without pleasant smells. Of course there are plenty of disgusting, unshowered human smells.

We're supposed to report at oh-six-hundred tomorrow morning for the flight down there. If all goes well, I'll be writing next from Antarctica...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Picture!!! It was nice getting your phone call last nite. Stay Safe and warm.

wbain said...

First of all, it is "0600" vice "oh-six-hundred." Second, comment moderation was enabled on your blog, really? Guess the Ashcroft years got to you more than I had previously suspected. Finally, I love the pose in the picture--especially the camera bag fanny pack (or is it "bum bag" in the nether regions of the world?). Anyhow, all the best during your transit to Antarctica--let me know if they don't have the chocolate-swirl ice cream machine at the South Pole and I will try to throw some weight around to get that fixed ASAP! Best, Will

Cautious Optimist said...

Marthe and I just want to thank you again for the South Pole water. And we wanted to remind you that this time we'd really like a penguin please.

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip was a safe one! I'd like to add my name to that penguin list as well! :) It's so cold here today it kinda feel like the Artic!