Friday, February 1, 2008

Finally Done!

I've been holed up in my Christchurch hotel for the last few days putting the finishing touches on my Antarctic Correspondent's Diary for the Economist's online edition. 4,500 words hot off the presses. At the moment, it's supposed to appear the week of February 11th, one entry each day for the week. If you go here, you'll see the Correspondent's Diary section on the upper right. I'm told there's a chance it may get pushed back to make room for a diary from the political riots in Kenya. Understandably a little more important and timely right now than Antarctica.

At the moment, I'm sitting in the ferry terminal surrounded by lush green mountains waiting to go from New Zealand's South Island to the North. Couldn't be happier!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's 32 degrees and we're covered in snow in Chicago. Enjoy the lush greenery of New Zealand - I'm so jealous! Safe travels ~ Marthe

wbain said...

Perhaps the first time in his life that Michelangelo has admitted his own happiness. I am amazed--either its cathartic release from leaving the South Pole or perhaps the presence of a feminine force in his midst. Mike, check your email WRT Kenyon's wedding. Congrats on finishing up--well done!!!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.