Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Last Few Days

Well, I'm officially exhausted. After another 24 hour shift, some serious whiskey drinking, and another switch from night shift to day shift (hopefully the last), I think I'm officially on the verge of losing my mind. Thank God I'm leaving the South Pole the day after tomorrow. As of now, I'm scheduled to be in Christchurch three days from now, but there's a chance I may stay in McMurdo for the weekend to work on my Economist article. Which would be cool, since then I'd get to watch the Super Bowl from Antarctica (and which, apparently, guarentees that the Bears will win.) Anyway, I couldn't be more ready to leave. I'll post some funny last minute photos tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! You made it. Stay safe these last days. We will talk to you tomorrow.

Cautious Optimist said...

Whiskey? Why, you're a regular Jack London character. Any dogsledding? Could you squeeze some in before you left?

I'll miss posting on this blog.