Saturday, January 6, 2007

Absolutely Amazing

So I arrived safely in Antarctica!! I can't write too much, but let me just say that it's absolutely fucking amazing (sorry for using the f-work mom, but there's no better way to put it). I'll write more when I get to the South Pole tomorrow and have a little more time.

For now, one tidbit: I saw hundreds of penguins. Hundreds and hundreds of hilarious penguins. Got some great photos and movies. Nobody on my experiment has ever seen penguins in Antarctica before. For the first time, they showed up at McMurdo the day we arrived. Somebody's looking favorably on me, I guess.

One more military flight to go and this trip is halfway there. Keep your fingers crossed I don't get altitude sickness and pulminary adema. Hopefully the pills I'm taking with stave that off...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, with a welcome from the penguins you are destined for a good trip!

Cautious Optimist said...

Glad you arrived safely. I just got back from that part of the world myself, only mine was warmer.

Anonymous said...

Hey Taliban you might even be able to get some action in the Antarctica?

Anonymous said...

Hey hey!!! Alright! Great to hear you got there safe. Definitely fill us in some more when you have a chance!