Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Shocked and Awed

Well, I arrived at the South Pole about 48 hours ago. The plane ride was one of the smoothest I've ever been on. I didn't even notice when we took off from the ice sheet, and when we landed on the ski's, I wasn't even sure we had touched down.

I'm really, really sorry that I'm not writing more. I'm complete, utterly exhausted. I've been up for over 24 hours. We deployed the first string of instruments for my experiment last night, and I got stuck on the night shift. But since I was up already, I just had to stay up through the night. So I'm going to go and get some sleep before I pass out.

I'll write some more detailed posts about what's been happening when I get a chance tomorrow. In the meantime, you can look here for some photos and videos that I've taken. While the satellite is up (we only have internet for several hours a day while some satellite is visible from the station), I'll try to upload them so you can take a look. Uploading them to the blog is a little bit slow.

Hope you're all doing well...

1 comment:

wbain said...

Dude, I can't believe you haven't been writing more. Do you really care about this blog or are you just in it for the money and the women? Congrats on making it down to the South Pole and not getting to sleep. I imagine you won't be pooping for a couple days with all the changes. BTW, I tried to convince a kid to divorce his wife today. Don't think he will, but he should. Figured you would appreciate that. -Will